Regulatory functions of the Department ensure that Cooperative institutions function as per Cooperative principles by following Act, Rules & guidelines issued:-.
- Registration of Cooperative Societies
- Conducting Annual Audit of all Cooperative Societies
- Inspecting Cooperatives Societies
- Conducting the elections of the Cooperative Institutions.
- Conducting statutory inquiries into specific complaints/act of misdemeanor.
- Conducting arbitration proceedings in case of disputes.
- Placing dormant/ defunct Cooperative Societies under liquidation.
- Registration of charitable organization/ N.G.O’s under Societies Registration Act 1860.
- Issuing directions from time to time to Managing Committees to improve their functioning /working.
In addition to above this department is also implementing all the policies, programs and other important activities of the Government.